Lloyds Metal & Energy Limited has set up a waste heat recovery based 30 MW Thermal Power Plant in Ghugus, Dist: Chandrapur, Maharashtra State.
- The main power plant equipments are,
- Five numbers of waste heat recovery boilers (1X55 TPH,4 X 12 TPH capacity) connected to Coal Based Rotary Kilns producing DRI
- Supplemented by 1 X 90 TPH AFBC Boiler
- 30 MW Steam Turbine at 64 kg/cm2 steam pressure and temperature of 490 +/- 5 Deg.C
- Other Auxiliaries
- Approx 65 % out of 30 MW of Power is generated from waste heat of Kiln Flue Gases which is presently unutilized and therefore the fuel consumption for generating 30 MW power would be substantially lower thereby making the unit eco friendly. The company shall be getting CDM benefits for this carbon saving project on waste heat based electricity generation.
- 220 KV Switchyard is provided for evacuation of power to the MSETCL.
- The Necessary pollution control equipment along with hardware has been considered to monitor and meet the norms prescribed by Pollution Control Board.
- Annually 210 million units (210 MU) will be generated by this state of art Power Plant.
- The power plant is implemented by Lloyds Steel Industries Ltd (Engg. Div) on turnkey basis.